[Foundation-l] Election results?

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:01:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Jan-Bart de Vreede
<janbart at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> As the Board Liaison for the election committee I would like to ask for a little more patience on their behalf.
>
> Our chosen election system has several checks and balances and it does not help matters that we are making use of an independent third party and are spread out across several time zones.
>
> Thank you Amir, as you stated: they are volunteers too. And I recall it was very hard trying to get people to volunteer for this rather thankless job (please feel free to volunteer for the next elections)

It shouldn't be thankless, so let me express my sincere appreciation
to Abbas, Jon, Mardetanha, Matanya, and Ryan. I know that it's not
easy, and I know that getting it right is more important than getting
it fast.

I won't speak for anyone else's motivations, but let me be clear that
I was only looking for something, anything, updating us on an overdue
deadline that many of us—the candidates, surely not the least—are
eagerly awaiting.

And yes, it's easy to let personal curiosity get overtaken by a
feeling of righteous indignation, but I have to say that a message
from ElecCom would have been really nice.

Austin