[Foundation-l] NPG still violating copyright

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 08:29:52 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 09:23, Ziko van Dijk <zvandijk at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Thanks. I mean all they need to add is "text taken from Wikipedia" - it
>> shouldn't be too hard.

> Hm, I'm afraid that is not sufficient. :-) It's CC-BY-SA.

*Surely* the NPG should be able to figure out that by doing this,
they're leaving themselves wide open to copyright suits from all the
hundreds of thousands of smart, motivated geeks who HIT THE GODDAMN
ROOF when they sent that legal threat. They've so far scraped through
on other people not being the sort of arseholes they were, but I find
it difficult to picture how they've considered that a safe policy
going forward.

- d.