[Foundation-l] Global ban - poetlister?

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Jun 10 21:23:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:05:22 -0700, Ryan Kaldari <rkaldari at wikimedia.org>
wrote:
> This doesn't have to be complicated. How about 3 strikes, you're out?
Get
> banned from 3 projects and you automatically qualify for a global ban.
> There's no sense in wasting hundreds of manhours trying to coordinate
> information and responses across dozens of projects for users that are
> clearly problematic. Especially since in many of these cases, the most
> damning information is sensitive and cannot be shared publicly.
>
> Ryan Kaldari

Well, I was here about a year ago with a story how I was blocked in
Russian Wikiversity for 6 months with zero edit count just before its
founder did not like that in a blog, I called him a dilettant, and he
decided it is a grave offence. (Thanks to the intervention by Milos, at
that point the block was lifted, and now I do not have an account over
there, and he can not block me again - the guy is still an admin over
there, in a community of 5 votes). Two more such Russian Wikiversities, and
I can suddenly find myself globally blocked. To me, it does not make sense.

Cheers
Yaroslav