[Foundation-l] Elections email

Shane Simmons avicennasis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:38:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 13:58, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks, Phoebe. That seems awfully low, and makes sockpuppetry a lot
>easier, particularly given that people's multiple accounts are being
>invited to vote.
Well, the SecurePoll extension has multiple measures built-in that allow for
easy sock detection. It captures some data in addition to the username that
would help eliminate those votes.

On a side note: would a simple check for duplicate emails be possible? I
received an email for my main and my alt account, which are registered with
the exact same email address. I'm not sure how the system would decide which
account gets the email (Perhaps highest edit count?), but I'm sure someone
could figure out something. :-)

--Avic