[Foundation-l] About the low hanging fruit

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Jun 10 14:53:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:17:18 +0100, WereSpielChequers
<werespielchequers at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't describe a short article as "hardly useful for creation"  I
> created http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass,_California only
> three years and already the current article is five times the size of
> what I created. It still has some of my original content, and some has
> been spunoff into an even bigger new article
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_rare_earth_mine
>
> Who knows how much those small articles will grow in future years and
> decades.
>
> WereSpielChequers

I probably did not express myself correctly. What I meant, for example, is
that this article in Great Soviet Encyclopaedia (it is in Russian, but you
can easily estimate the amount of information it contains)

http://bse.sci-lib.com/article067276.html

would be good for the first two lines of this article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuloy_River_(Vaga)

but to get a decent article (not a stub) I had to use additional material,
including topographic maps. In principle, I could just make a two-line
stub, it would be useful in any case.

Cheers
Yaroslav