[Foundation-l] Elections email

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Jun 10 12:53:04 UTC 2011

2011/6/10 Andrew Garrett <agarrett at wikimedia.org>

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Amir E. Aharoni
> <amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> > There are several technical issues with it:
> >
> > 1. I already voted. It may be a good idea to send this only to people
> > who didn't.
>
> I don't think this is possible.

The list of accounts which have voted is publicly available. I assume you
could use that to eliminate accounts that have voted already? I guess there
might be a few false connections there, but you would be able to eliminate
most of the unnecessary emails.

Of course this problem would be less if the emails next time would be sent
at the beginning of the elections.