[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Elections 2009 ( 2011 ? ) & Bots

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:15:12 UTC 2011

Certainly is, even more puzzling is my email for Thehelpfulbot,

2011/6/10 Wikimedia Board Elections Committee <
board-elections at lists.wikimedia.org>

> Liebe(r) Thehelpfulbot,
>
> Du bist berechtigt, bei der Wahl des Kuratoriums der Wikimedia Foundation
> im Jahre 2011 mit abzustimmen, die Projekte wie Wikipedia betreibt. Das
> Kuratorium ist das Gremium, das letztendlich für die Strategie und den
> nachhaltigen Bestand der Stiftung verantwortlich ist. Deshalb bitten wir bei
> seiner Wahl um rege Teilnahme.
>
> Für weitere Informationen lies bitte
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2011/de . Um dich von
> weiteren Benachrichtigungen auszutragen, setze deinen Namen auf
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_nomail_list .

The bot has never edited the German Wikipedia, as you can see
http://toolserver.org/~vvv/sulutil.php?user=Thehelpfulbot, the home wiki is
en.wiki and it has only editing en.wiki, commons and metawiki. I checked my
username in case it was doing it from email addresses, but I have never
edited the German Wikipedia either, as shown by
http://toolserver.org/~vvv/sulutil.php?user=Thehelpfulone. Very puzzling
indeed!

Thehelpfulone

On 10 June 2011 13:09, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucherian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting to see accounts with bot flags are also invited to vote for
> Board elections :)
>
> -Tinu Cherian

The Helpful One

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone