[Foundation-l] Data Center Virginia

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 9 16:13:09 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yann Forget, 09/06/2011 11:32:
>> Hello,
>>
>> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMF_Projects/Data_Center_Virginia
>>
>> This was not updated since February.

> incurring additional delays, which has prevented us from bringing
> services in the new data center live. The latest estimation for delivery
> is June 10, after which we should be able to deploy some services
> running actively from the new location.»
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/06/03/wikimedia-engineering-may-2011-report/

Thank you Yann for raising this issue, and Nemo for answering.

I realize some of the project pages for engineering are outdated; I'm
currently transitioning the pages to a lighter, simpler format where
it'll be easier to add new status updates. I haven't gone through all
the "old" pages yet, and the one about the data center is one of them.

Please feel free to send me a gentle reminder if you still find
outdated pages in, say, two or three weeks.

In the meantime, I'm still available to answer questions (or find the
appropriate person to answer them).

--
Guillaume Paumier