[Foundation-l] Global ban - poetlister?

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 4 02:36:38 UTC 2011

I am being a bit of a "jerk" over this, because I do know some of the
details (enough to support any global ban).

But the *point *I am trying to get across is this; Scott posted to this *
public* list asking why a global ban was not on the table for this guy, and
why projects were sidestepping any attempt at a global lock.

And the answer is twofold; firstly it is an assertion of independence. But
mostly it seems to be due to a lack of clear communication between projects
as to what abuse has occurred that merits such strong response. We need to
detail that abuse in a dispassionate and public way for all of the projects
to note and understand. I doubt anyone would really support the guy were all
of the detail revealed in one place.

Saying "this guy is bad news" is true, but without detail on why that is the
case you will always find a project that pushes back.

If the stewards or an office action can deal with this then great. But I
doubt that will even stick long term in such a case.

Tom