[Foundation-l] Global ban - poetlister?

Scott MacDonald doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 3 17:38:02 UTC 2011

Sue,

The first thing you could do is simply decree that the user known as
poetlister is not welcome on any project controlled by the Foundation. This
would be a precedent, but one in fairly unique circumstances (I'm sure
Newyorkbrad is a better place to update you on them that I am. But I have no
doubt you'll agree the need for a ban.)

Then, if people don't like the precedent of a decree, charge the communities
to develop an agreeable mechanism with appropriate checks and balances, to
handle any future cases - with the caveat that there must be some provision
that can global ban people such as this.

Scott