[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] CTO Leaving Wikimedia Foundation end of July

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:44:08 UTC 2011

I'm sorry to hear that, Danese. While we haven't really worked
together, I've heard nothing but good things from those that have
worked with you. The WMF is significantly poorer for losing you.

Could you elaborate on your reason for leaving? Has a decision been
made to change the direction and purpose of the tech team? I don't
remember hearing about such a decision, although I may have missed it.