[Foundation-l] LangCom meeting report

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:55:24 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 11:44 PM, Ziko van Dijk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So, we are 10 days (or more) further. :-)
>
> Kind regards
> Ziko
>

>>> If I interpret it right, Germans can come to the incubator and build
>>> up a Wikipedia in Simple German? With a reasonable chance to become
>>> later recognized?
>>
>> Wait for 10 days to make this issue clear. The logic behind this
>> approval is related to non-native speakers. And it has its own problems.
>> My bottom line (which doesn't mean that it is the bottom line of other
>> members of LangCom) is: if we use some language as fallback one in
>> MediaWiki localization, then it should have possibility to have simple
>> Wikipedia.

Huh. This is my fault. I didn't put that on discussion because of many
other issues which have to pass through the rest of LangCom members, but
I will put it on discussion tomorrow with broader interpretation.

BTW, observers of LangCom are now official and Sj and Mark will be added
to the read-only list tomorrow morning CEST (for a couple of days, it
was just a technical issue).