[Foundation-l] The Wikipedia-Ready Essay

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Wed Jun 1 20:10:38 UTC 2011

> I always took the central point about conflation to be the unwitting
> mixing
> up of separate ideas - usually but not always to the mild confusion or
> detriment of both.
>
> FT2

Good research topic: What characteristics of ideas or facts lead to
conflation. To take a notorious example, when Sarah Palin was asked about
her foreign relations experience with respect to Russia, she replied that
you could see Russia from Alaska. But true conflation, as a menace to
discourse, includes much less easily distinguished concepts.

Fred