[Foundation-l] Oral Citations project: People are Knowledge

Wjhonson wjhonson at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 18:57:24 UTC 2011

Achal I was responding to Thomas not to you.
However yes, if you are quoting what an interviewee is saying, you should use quotation marks to offset their statements.
Or even use the blockquote markup for a lengthy quotation.

If you do something like decide that because three people said "King Makambo ruled from 800 to 840" that you can simply state this in an article and cite the video, I would suggest that is a decision not well-founded on our editing principles.

Citations to primary sources should, in my opinion, always use quotation marks.  And never fail to do so.