[Foundation-l] Oral Citations project: People are Knowledge

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:41:48 UTC 2011

I agree with your assessment that problems with interpretation and
lack of independent review can definitely make it problematic for
editors to cite these interviews directly, and we'll have to see
whether it is in any way feasible under any circumstances, and if so,
what guidelines can be set up.

> *What I do think is incredibly important though is that this material has
> huge value in itself - and every effort to encourage more of the same should
> be taken! *
>
> In fact we should get as much material such as this as possible, host it,
> translate it, make it accessible - and encourage secondary academic sources
> to make use of it. This could work both as a "hack" to get around the issues
> of citing oral material directly as well as contributing to the effort to
> expand knowledge of these areas of study.

A very useful suggestion!  That should address the concerns quite
well, as well as improving the contacts between Wikipedia and
Academia.

Kind regards,

--
David Richfield