[Foundation-l] Greg Kohs and Peter Damian

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 17:58:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:25 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > .... I have a hard
> > time understanding why people think chapters are representative of the
> > community.  They're representative of people who like to join chapters.
>
> I agree with your premise here, however, chapter board members are
> elected by their membership (afaik, that occurs in all chapters), so
> their membership has the obvious recourse of electing someone else.

Hardly. I don't know what my chapter's opinion was in selecting the
chapter-selected members, I don't know who from the board members did
anything about it anyway, and besides the board has been chosen for other
things they're good at than selecting board members.

So if I don't agree with the chapter-selected board members, my recourse is
to vote down board members of my own chapter that may or may not have been
involved in the choice of my chapter to support or not support that board
member, disregarding other, probably more important factors to choose that
chapter board member. Doesn't sound to me like a very high of accountability
to me or other chapter members...

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com