[Foundation-l] Google Grant Announcement

Megan Hernandez mhernandez at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 21 02:05:16 UTC 2011

Hi all,

The Wikimedia Foundation has received a Google Grant for AdWords. Google Grants
is an in-kind donation program awarding free AdWords advertising to select
charitable organizations. This program supports organizations sharing its
philosophy of community service to help the world in areas such as science
and technology, education, global public health, the environment, youth
advocacy, and the arts.

The fundraising team will be testing messages offsite with this grant.
We'll post updates and key findings, as we have been doing with our weekly
banner and appeal tests:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2011/Updates

You can find out more information on the Google Grants program here:
http://www.google.com/grants/

Thanks,

Megan

--