[Foundation-l] Civipedia proposal

Oliver Moran oliver.moran at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 18:46:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm just dropping a line to notify the list of a proposal for a new project.

The proposal is to build a wiki-based Citizens' Information portal for every state in the world. The purpose of a Citizens' Information portal is to provide essential and neutral information that is of use to citizens. An example of a currently existing Citizens' Information portal is www.citizensinformation.ie, a website run by the Irish government.

More details of the proposal are here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Civipedia

In interest of honesty, this is not my idea but something that was said to me offline and which I thought was a particularly good idea.

Best regards,
Oliver