[Foundation-l] roadmap for WM affiliation ; a name for self-identified affiliation

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 18:27:04 UTC 2011

----- Original Message ----

"Open Knowledge Project" only works for content creators or relatively new
projects that can still restrict their intake of content like Commons has.  We
don't want dilute "Open Knowledge" and the issue is existing GLAM organizations
that want to affiliate with the movement.  Some is needed more along the lines
of "Dedicated to Emancipating Culture - we are committed the licensing all
internally owned copyrights under [favorite free license] and to forthrightly
advertising the most accurate copyright information we can on all the content we
curate."

Birgitte SB