[Foundation-l] roadmap for WM affiliation ; a name for self-identified affiliation

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:03:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

If I understand Alec right he wants a model wherein a project like
WikiSomething can declare itself affiliated with Wikimedia:
"We need a name for self-identified project affiliation. External
projects needs to be able to claim, on their own initiative, that they
are "part of" something."
Of course, WikiSomething can say on its website "We like Wikimedia and
share its goals", but the wording must not give the impression that
there is an official link between both.
The problem is that we don't want that anybody can decorate himself
with the Wikimedia trademark and maybe abuse it. There must be an
official recognition anyway from Wikimedia Foundation.

Kind regards
Ziko van Dijk

Ziko van Dijk
The Netherlands