[Foundation-l] They do make or break reputations

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:15:06 UTC 2011

> If you don't see the significant value in including video content, then I
> would suggest that you don't see the significant value in including
> photographic content either.  I would suggest that's an outdated value
> system.

You're simply extending my argument too far there, which is just bad
rhetoric. Images and video can have significant value. If we wait a
reasonable time (250 years?) these problems will naturally be solved, and
our archiving systems today are so good I am unconcerned at having to wait
that long.

But the minimal advantages of linking to copyrighted videos on Youtube right
here and now is, I feel, well outweight by the far more important values of
free and properly licensed content.

Of course; if you are able to provide some specific counter examples (this
is fairly off-topic, so perhaps a new thread?) I'm happy to reconsider my
own view!

Tom