[Foundation-l] List of Wikimedia projects and languages

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:11:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 19:54, Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com> wrote:
> efforts are made, we could get those into Wikipedia business. But, we
> would need a boatload of money (yes, why not taking it from the
> military budgets - but who should hand it over to us ;) ) to go around

The most important serious work on formalization of Serbian language
in 1990s was done by US military. In other words, if you want to get
significant resources to make computers able to "read" your language,
you should just create climate which would lead to US intervention in
your country. Unsurprisingly, during the last decade Arabic was in
focus.