[Foundation-l] They do make or break reputations

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 03:48:18 UTC 2011

> You can always make Wikinfo a sister project.
>
> Fred

That would be a rather elegant solution, wouldn't it.
At a minimum, recognizing Wikinfo as "Part of the Wikimedia Movement"
and incorporating links to it into our controversial articles.    And
then a next nice step would be if Wikinfo could seamlesly use
WMF-hosted project's useraccounts, images, templates, and
interwikilinks.

Or perhaps it would just make more sense technologically to just host
it with WMF, with the understanding that WMF doesn't "endorse" Wikinfo
in the same way that it might kinda 'endorse' Wikipedia but recognizes
it for what it is-- yet another useful way for people to
collaboratively produce educational content.
--
I have actually been independently trying to think of other wikis that
should be "sister projects".   Some are really obvious and

We're at the point where the lack of diversity of our English language
project 'styles' may be a major factor dissuading new users from
participation.   It may be time to begin exploring new content types,
new policy sets, new cultures, and new tech.
--
I would _love_ to see Wikinfo get closer ties to WMF, including direct
hosting if all groups like it.   Back when we could only afford to

Alec