[Foundation-l] Merge wikis

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Mon Jul 4 15:17:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 15:31, Alhen <alhen.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I agree on principle, it can be more than difficult to merge sister
> projects at this point of time. Wiktionary, wikibook, and wikisource and so
> on have very different users. Some of them even dread the idea of belonging
> to Wikipedia. Cross-project colaboration must be encouraged, yes, but
> placing all of them in one wiki won't make things better in principle.
>
> However, small not cared projects should be joined. Those without a visible
> community after some talking with the only existing editor(many wikisources
> and wiktionaries) could be merged as to foster the develop of those
> projects.

Yep, I wasn't suggesting merging Wiktionary and Wikisource into
Wikipedia. But we don't need new wikis for cross-project collaboration
or outreach: we have Meta, so use it!

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>

Please don't print this e-mail out unless you want a hard copy of
it. If you do, go ahead. I won't stop you. Nor will I waste your
ink/toner with 300+ lines of completely pointless and legally
unenforceable cargo cult blather about corporate confidentiality.