[Foundation-l] Fwd: wikiEducation: The Classroom Wikipedia

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sat Jul 2 20:14:39 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 13:49:58 -0600 (MDT), "Fred Bauder"
<fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> We should do this before some aggressive outfit like Wikinfo jumps in...
> It wouldn't be an anyone can edit wiki. Only authorized student accounts
> could edit. It would be a teaching tool.
>
> Fred

To do this is not a big deal, but it would only have an added value for us
if the result could be somehow merged into Wikipedia once the assessment
has been completed. It is not difficult to organize, but it requires some
preliminary planning (only articles absent in Wikipedia would be assigned?
What if they did not exist at the time of the assignment but were created
before the assessment? Who will merge? etc).

Cheers
Yaroslav