[Foundation-l] Making wikimediafoundation.org more open to contributions

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 31 20:11:58 UTC 2011

I would say that (as Erik said) in some cases it's a good idea.  I doubt that we could have done the work we did on Strategy wiki, had it been housed on meta.  Some wikis wish to set different standards for what can be included, and that's difficult to do if you have an extant wiki that has its own standards and rues.

pb

Philippe Beaudette
Head of Reader Relations
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

pbeaudette at wikimedia.org

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share
in the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!

http://donate.wikimedia.org