[Foundation-l] Since Egypt has shutdown internet, should we too?

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Sat Jan 29 14:34:05 UTC 2011

Dear Mido,

the Wikimedia movement is like a big family. Even though we sometimes
quarry with each other but especially in time like this we are all with
you. In the last days I often think back of the hospitality from all of
you to so many Wikimedians from all around the world back in Alexandria.
Read your line about following TV ans Twitter also reminds me of June
1989 when I followed radio news hour after hour for every news through
sleepless nights. Back then, very alone, without the community that
gathered here.

For me it showed again how important it is to have neutral and free
informations. And I hope that everything turns out good, and everyone
will be safe at the end.

with my thoughts with you and all our friends there
Ting

On 28.01.2011 22:49, Mohamed Ibrahim wrote:
> Unfortunately all communications are down till now, I hope they are all
> fine.
> I'm currently out of the country and following only through TV and twitter.
> We're all waiting for the internet or at lease cell networks to be back.
> Thank you all for your comments, and yes I do not support shutting
> down Wikimedia projects for any incidents of that kind. I think we should
> work more on spreading free information
>
> Mido
>

> On 28 January 2011 22:41, Milos Rancic<millosh at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> We have fellow Wikimedians in Egypt. Any news about them?

Ting

Ting's Blog: http://wingphilopp.blogspot.com/