[Foundation-l] Since Egypt has shutdown internet, should we too?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 14:28:46 UTC 2011

Hoi,
The Argentian chapter has a lot of news footage from the Argentian National
Broadcaster. Beatriz told us at the GLAM conference in Paris that the
chapter is talking to other broadcasters for their material as well.

At the conference Multichil discussed with her the need for a tool to manage
such riches and as a result it is now localised at translatewiki.net. At the
recent hackathon in Amsterdam, a button was added to allow for the direct
uploading to Commons.

This platform is there to be used. It is freely licensed and we would
*LOVE*it to be used for any and all management of video clips.
Thanks,
      GerardM

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2011/01/value-of-face-time.html
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/search/label/OpenBeelden