[Foundation-l] Something simultaneously really cool and a complete copyvio

Matthew Del Buono mpdelbuono at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 03:02:51 UTC 2011

A friend showed me this thing "qwiki" today which appears to pull text from
Wikipedia and images from various sources (commons, what have you) to
produce a movie out of any Wikipedia article.

An interesting example: http://www.qwiki.com/q/#!/Hood_River,_Oregon

I love the concept, and they do announce that the content is licensed under
CC-SA, so assuming someone sets them straight I'm sure they'll be glad to do
the actual attribution that they're required to do. I just think it's a
really neat concept, and it seems to be working quite well.

-- Matthew P. Del Buono