[Foundation-l] Reminder: Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2011 to end on January 31st

Harel Cain harel.cain at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 07:54:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that the main scholarship application process for
Wikimania 2011 will end on January 31st at 23:59 UTC.
Applications received after that time will be discarded [see note].

If you or any of your friends were planning to apply for a scholarship but
haven't done so yet, I would advise you to do so now, before it's too late.
Even though we already received many hundreds of applications, we will be
sorry to see anyone left out just because he or she missed the application
deadline.

All information about scholarships and how to apply for them is at
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships.

Note:
Wikimedia Austria and Wikimedia Switzerland have announced separate
scholarship programs for people in their respective countries.
Applications for those will be made through the same website and will remain
open till February 28th, 2011.
Other chapters might follow suit soon, so stay alert for announcements from
your local chapter.

Regards,

Harel Cain
Wikimania 2011 local team