[Foundation-l] Questions about new Fellow

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 21 18:26:32 UTC 2011

2011/1/20 whothis <whothith at gmail.com>:
> I hope others reading this realize the implication of your appointment. I
> had no idea who you were before this, and still don't

I had no idea who you were before this. Then I checked my mail
archives and saw that the only other thread you've been engaged in was
a different set of accusations about the existence of a cabal and the
impropriety thereof.

This is not a constructive conversation, because it confuses and
conflates a bunch of very complex issues (questions of NPO governance
and ethics, which you clearly have a very limited understanding of,
vs. questions of effective and transparent operations, vs. community
participation, etc.), and has from the beginning taken the tone of
prosecutorial questioning. If you're interested in having a
constructive conversation e.g. about the grants process and the
fellowships program without attacking individuals, I'll be happy to
join it, here or on Meta.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation