[Foundation-l] retire the administrator privilege

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 01:04:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Stephanie Daugherty
<sdaugherty at gmail.com> wrote:
> Split permissions have been a perennial issue for en.wikipedia for a while.
> It's proposed every couple months, has vocal support and a handful of even
> more vocal opponents, and fillibustered into oblivion to resurface a few
> months later. Rinse, lather, repeat. The only partial success was with
> rollback, which actually got broken into it's own permission, but it hasn't
> happened elsewhere.

Yes, ok, I get that, but... Where are those particular discussions happening?

Again - I follow policy stuff on-wiki and the mailing lists, but it's
impractical to follow all of it and still have a functional Life.
What venues was this up in, etc.

Thanks.

--
-george william herbert