[Foundation-l] retire the administrator privilege

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:57:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> That's the point - i do think that it's a Foundation-level issue, or
> more precisely, movement-level issue. That's because "RFA is broken"
> discussion are perennial in all Wikipedias which have functioning
> communities of about 50 regular writers or more.

[citation needed]

And I don't mean that all facetiously.  It'd be worth documenting the
relative "brokenness" of admin selection processes across languages.
We have some interesting analyses of adminship on English Wikipedia
that brought a few of the problems into sharper focus, but nothing
that I know of in a similar vein that looks across multiple languages.

Are all the "RFA is broken" discussions talking about similar things?
Or is each broken in its own special way?

This page is rather, er, underdeveloped:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Administrator

-Sage