[Foundation-l] WCWC11 Stream & SF WikiX party - Webstreaming - Now in Highdef!

Jon Davis jdavis at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 15 19:14:36 UTC 2011

As an update, we've added a second stream.  This one is free & high def and
only requires you having VLC [1]

The URL for the stream is:  http://transcode1.wikimedia.org:8080 - All you
need to do is launch VLC > Media > Open Network Stream.

Again, there is no warranty on the stream.  I've got no idea how well the
upload bandwidth will hold out or if the transcode server will survive.
Speak of, A big thanks to Mark Bergsma for setting up the transcode/server
side of this little project with exactly zero heads up.

-Jon

[1] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

PS. The video is being uploaded at 300k/s, video at 96k/s then transcoded on
the server

--
Jon Davis
Office IT System & Network Administrator
Wikimedia Foundation
415-839-6885 x6777