[Foundation-l] January 15 retro?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Jan 7 21:36:49 UTC 2011

On 01/05/11 4:52 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 00:45, Steven Walling<steven.walling at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The anniversary is not just about English Wikipedia. If this was just
>> English Wikipedia's celebration, there certainly wouldn't be more than 100
>> events organized in dozens of countries and on every continent except
>> Antarctica.
> And just WHY is there not one in Antarctica? Don't we have BORED
> SCIENTISTS in Antarctica? I THINK THIS ISSUE IS IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE
> RESOLUTION.

There was some casual discussion in Taipei that there should be a
Wikimania in Antarctica, but only after having one in Australia.  Then
too there was also talk about having one on a cruise ship, or perhaps in
a plane on a round-the-world flight.

The International Space Station isn't big enough ... yet.

Ray