[Foundation-l] January 15 retro?

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 00:45:24 UTC 2011

"The other Wikipedias weren't started on that date, so they have nothing to
celebrate or commemorate."

The anniversary is not just about English Wikipedia. If this was just
English Wikipedia's celebration, there certainly wouldn't be more than 100
events organized in dozens of countries and on every continent except
Antarctica.

As for the logo switch: I'm agnostic in general, though I think the retro
idea is much preferable over use of the Wikipedia 10 mark, since it vaguely
resembles the current puzzle globe and would be clearer to readers.

Steven