[Foundation-l] fundraiser suggestion

Noein pronoein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:55:42 UTC 2011

I'd like to precise because of my bad english that I don't how to handle
"polite" questioning without looking condescending or angry. I am
uttering my words with the most profound respect to Erik even if I
dissent about some topics with him.

Erik wrote:
>> I don't think any of the fundraising banners that ran made it
>> substantially harder to access the information that people were coming

Erik, why would people be complaining specifically about them if it's
not about their disturbance?

Of course you're entitled to have your personal opinion about the
banners' effects on YOURSELF (though I think you mentioned your 'pain
points increasing too but not that much' earlier, I don't remember the
exact wording).
Of course you are. However speaking in vague and general terms right
after testimonials and complaints could look like denial of OTHERS'
feelings. Those reports could be genuine and even right. The facts could
be that the 'banners' (aren't they self-published ads really?)  ARE
annoying (even worrying for some) and that the discussion should be
allowed instead of denied.

My 2p.