[Foundation-l] fundraiser suggestion

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 00:09:48 UTC 2011

On 1 January 2011 23:50, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong at all with messages that signal increased
> urgency as the fundraiser draws to a close.

I do. When the fundraiser ends is a choice you make, not something
imposed upon you by external forces. Also, people can continue to
donate after the main campaign finishes. There is no urgency at all.

I agree with the rest of your email, though. The WMF's increased
budget is justified. That money is going on worthwhile things. That
doesn't, however, mean that we should raise that money by whatever
means necessary.