[Foundation-l] Friendliness: a radical proposal -- some proposed details ...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 22:39:25 UTC 2011

The problem with the approach that we can let the "welcoming" and
"friendliness" be an emergent behaviour, is that we're already many years into this
and it's simply... not.

However the admin bit is an officially sanctioned method of enforcing
rules.

This is a lop-sided approach.  To counter-balance the officially sanctioned
rule enforcement, we need an *equally weighted* officially sanctioned
welcoming committee type role that operates *on the level* of the editors exactly
as an admin operates.

A person well-suited to be an admin, is not necessarily and sometimes
diametrically opposed to a person well-suited to be a welcomer.

Whatever happened to the push to encourage editors to come back?