[Foundation-l] Genisis of WMF Identification policy?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 03:55:48 UTC 2011

On 26 February 2011 22:58, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:

I think we really need the actual threat and threat model detailed.

Expanding the identification policy without a thorough grounding risks
it turning into worse security theatre - a completely lost purpose.[1]

I have no objection in principle to providing my identification to
WMF. But the rationale needs to be bulletproof. What's it for, what
verification is used, how to deal with documents from countries that
are not like the US ... this is all important and needs to be laid out
in full and explicit detail. It really hasn't been so far.

- d.