[Foundation-l] Friendliness (was: Missing Wikipedians: An Essay)

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:26:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 16:04, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> Which is to say that new article patrol is a task requiring more skill
> rather than less; it is not a quiet corner for people who are unable to
> edit productively and lack people skills.

Let's not be too quick to criticize recent-change patrollers. Just
glancing at new articles now, I see (no sources):

[[Quksace agjke]]: "quksace agjke is a term in ancient Chinese.
quksace means quick and agjke means aggies. Back to 1902, students
from Texas A&M University visit in China."

and

[[Mama Wiggles]]: "Mama Wiggles is a noted showgirl and burlesque
dancer mostly famous for her turn in the 2005, Saskatoon based
stage-production of "Moulin Rougue" in which she played the character
Fat Peggy. She also concurrently holds the record for eating the most
poutine in one sitting (4,400 servings)."

and

[[Todd Marcus]]:  "Edison High School '92-'96 Irvine Strikers '94-'96
Westmont College '96-'00 Chicago Sockers '99 Southern California
Seahorses '02-'03 Santa Barbara F.C. '96-'02"

They do have their work cut out. :)

Sarah