[Foundation-l] Friendliness (was: Missing Wikipedians: An Essay)

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:31:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:15 AM, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org> wrote:
> Would it make sense to have a "be nice" session at Wikimania to share all
> kinds of experiences and best practices around this topic?
> Phoebe, you sound like the ultimate person to organize such a session (in
> case you did not yet propose such) :)
> Lodewijk

Sounds like a great best practices session, if well organized (focused
on techniques that worked, perhaps); I think we can all sit around and
give examples of problems all day long, but I'd be interested in a
Wikimania session in cross-wiki comparisons and ideas on what works
best on a broad scale.

I am usually pretty overworked, tired and cranky at Wikimania, though
:) So perhaps I'm not the best person to run it! Someone should
propose it if there's interest though.

-- phoebe