[Foundation-l] Missing Wikipedians: An Essay

Ryan Lomonaco wiki.ral315 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 09:45:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> I have a problem with this admin comprehending what exactly "Vandalism"
> means.
> In what way is the initial version "vandalism".
>
> If I cared enough I would suggest that re-training might be appropriate
> here.

The third incarnation of the article (the one that was labeled "vandalism")
was labeled as a "hoax" under CSD G3 by an IP editor.  It looks like the
admin meant to delete it as a hoax, but picked the wrong option from the
drop-down box -- G3 covers both "vandalism" and hoaxes, and there are
separate deletion summaries for each.

As for whether it's a hoax, obviously it wasn't a "hoax"; that said, most of
the article is written almost like a fictional story, and it could have come
across as a hoax or something similar, particularly on first glance.  Also,
it was a copyvio, exactly like the second version that was deleted.  So to
me, it looks like the admin made the right call, but the reason given for
deleting it was incorrect.

--
[[User:Ral315]]