[Foundation-l] Criticism of employees (was VPAT)

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 07:27:54 UTC 2011

Actually, scrap that. I can think of a few more than two. But the extra ones
are all from one common cause - robust views being stated off-wiki to fellow
users with advanced privileges, who were badly failing to live up to
expectations of the role. On a few occasions that's happened. I'm thinking
of a handful of cases from 2007 onwards, where advanced users attacked users
or made claims that were unsupported and just shouldn't have. People get
heated but personal attacks and dubious claims are not the response I like
to see from trusted others. Not rehashing the past but self-correcting
(hence no details given and no response sought). Sorry for the incorrect
statement though.

Still all-in-all, a very small number of cases in 7 years, and not on-wiki.

The thrust of the point I was making, is unchanged. As a cultural issue,
interaction style is serious in its project impact. That's by *both admins
and non-admins* (no reason to give excess leeway to long term non-admins to
harm the project by discouraging bona-fide users, any more than we would
give excess leeway to long-term repeated mis-citers or persistent original
researchers).

FT2