[Foundation-l] Criticism of employees (was VPAT)

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Thu Feb 17 17:23:27 UTC 2011

> One suggestion I made was that, since communication between office and
> community is so critical, it might be worth the foundation employing one
> person at the office purely for community/office liaison (via this list,
> on
> Meta, etc). In other words their role is to be at the office and
> responsive
> to the community on lists and wikis, ensure community questions and
> concerns
> are addressed or not lost, where other staff may not be able to do so as
> fully as some would wish. It'd cost, but it may well be worth it.
> Worthwhile? Or wasteful?
>

> FT2

Yes, worthwhile, although this list would be only a minor part of such
monitoring. An experienced Wikipedian needs to monitor the mailing lists,
Village Pump, requests for arbitration, and the administrative
noticeboards regularly and prepare a brief summary for staff daily.
Emphasis would be on issues which have potential to or already affect
public relations or Foundation resources.

Fred