[Foundation-l] Criticism of employees (was VPAT)

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Thu Feb 17 17:14:41 UTC 2011

> On Feb 16, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Nathan wrote:
>
>> At some point WMF employees might just stop posting here altogether,
>> to escape the unfounded criticism.
>
> Tell them to go ahead, this list has already been referred to troll-l and
> dozen excuses have been offered why the staff ignores it for the most
> part
> after someone dared to question one of the beloved fellow. The volume of
> the
> criticism is only going to get louder if the staff continues to ignore
> the
> concerns, I'd like to believe that there is a pattern there. You can't
> drown
> out your criticism by ignoring a mailing list.

I think we need to take it a bit easier. Staff members are not selected
from a short list of internet "old-hands" who are are veterans of UseNet
and should not be. The sniping IS excessive, and some former posters are
banned from this list because of similar behavior.

The Foundation should be accountable, but this forum is not the place to
enforce it. May I suggest more conventional means such as email or even
formal letters to the Foundation or showing up at annual meetings (not
sure if that is even possible.)

Even if you were in charge you would not want to be micromanaging every
decision.

Fred