[Foundation-l] [Fwd: Re: Do WMF want enwp.org?]

Frederic Schutz schutz at mathgen.ch
Thu Feb 17 14:34:01 UTC 2011

On 16/02/11 23:06, Moka Pantages wrote:

>>> If WMF want enwp.org I will gladly hand it over.
>>
>> Thank you for running this service!  I use it all the time for including
>> wikipedia links in Twitter.
>>
>> It would be nice if it was officially supported by WMF or you were given
>> resources necessary to maintain the service.
>
> Really appreciate the offer! We've been talking about this for a few months
> now; it's a great tool used by a lot of us here. We'll talk to a few folks
> from the tech team and see how they can help.

Just for info, Wikimedia CH registered frwp.org a few months ago, and we
provide redirects to the corresponding fr.wikipedia.org articles. I am
happy that WM CH can help by providing this tiny but useful service, but
it could also fit within a global shortcut tool for all languages,
managed by the WMF tech team.

Frédéric