[Foundation-l] Showing the difference between the sexes

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Feb 15 22:03:23 UTC 2011

2011/2/12 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Given that we want to be more welcoming to women, I think it is awesome that
> we will be able to address women as women. The fact that we gain some
> statistical insight is a fringe benefit.
>
> The only question left is, when can this be implemented..

I raised this question in the Hebrew Wikipedia Village Pump. All the
people who replied–female, male and of unknown gender–were generally
in favor of implementing such a thing.

As it often happens in Wikipedia, the discussion veered off into
proposals to change the translation of the word "User" itself into
something else, such as "Editor", "Contributor", "Participant", etc.,
but even then, all the proposals were m/f pairs.