[Foundation-l] R: Changes to the identification policies and procedures

Riccardo Burdisso riccardo at abisys.it
Fri Feb 4 23:06:32 UTC 2011

I'm an OTRS admin I've received my first answer to this issue yesterday
with a very good email from Philippe and I think it would be useful to
post it here if it's ok for him.
I've never seen a real discussion.

The main problem, IMHO, is that the new policy is not acceptable for most
people in UE because of a different legislation.
WMF said that it would be possible proxying the identification process
though the local chapters but for example Wikimedia Italia replied that
they don't want to participate in this process.
We see that WMDE is willing to do this job and we want to investigate if
all people, non only German citizens, can be identified by WMDE but it is
impossible without a discussion like this.

* If a lot of people employed by the WMF criticize the behaviour of
MZMcBride it sounds like that the foundation doesn't want to discuss about
this issue and I'm sure this is not the case, so I think it would be
appropriate from staffers/fellows/interns/... to clarify if they are
speaking of behalf of the foundation or not and possibly state clearly
their role.
* Someone said that the policy is yet not stabilized and still in
discussion, while on OTRS wiki was just moved to the Help namespace, so if
we have to wait for Philippe to come back to get responses I would expect
also the same from the foundation side.

Riccardo (Abisys)