[Foundation-l] Changes to the identification policies and procedures

Zack Exley zexley at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 4 16:40:42 UTC 2011

Max,

Thanks for raising all these good and important questions. I think that we
really should wait until Philippe gets back. He is leading this. The couple
of other staffers capable of dealing with these questions are busy with
other work. And anyways, it would be better not to have the discussion
without Philippe.

Zack

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:16 AM, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Christine Moellenberndt wrote:
> > I understand the frustration here, but Board policy says that those with
> > access to non-public data must ID to the Foundation...
>
> Will local administrators be next? Surely they have access to deleted
> content, which is non-public data.
>
> > We are working with the OTRS volunteers to find the safest way to do so,
> that
> > will comply with the Board but will also provide safety and security to
> the
> > community.
>
> How does collecting unverified personal information provide safety and
> security to the community?
>
> MZMcBride

Zack Exley
Chief Community Officer